No surprises this Valentine's!
It's not always simple to tell if you have a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and you might not get any symptoms - make sure you and your partner are protected and remember to test regularly.
Did you know that chlamydia is the most commonly diagnosed STI in England and Wales? And what's more, 70% of women and 50% of men do not have any symptoms before their diagnosis. But don't worry, it is very easy and simple to get tested - and you don't even have to leave your house to do it!
If you would prefer to test yourself at home, you can order a free STI testing kit here and you will get the results sent straight to your phone!
If you would prefer to be seen by a medical professional, visit The Northern Contraception, Sexual Health and STI service.
Whether you live in North, South or Central Manchester, there is a Sexual Health clinic nearby:
- North Manchester Sexual Health Clinic: North Manchester General Hospital, Outpatients D, Delauneys Road, Crumpsall, M8 5RB. 0161 918 4263.
- South Manchester Sexual Health Clinic: Withington Community Hospital, Nell Lane, West Didsbury, M20 2LR. 0161 217 4939.
- Central Manchester Sexual Health Clinic: The Hathersage Centre, 280 Upper Brook Street, M13 0FH. 0161 701 1555.
There is plenty of confidential support you can receive at the University, if you would like to talk to somebody and receive support for your wellbeing, you can contact the Counselling, Health and Wellbeing service on 0161 247 3493.
- Read Next
- How Britney Spears affected my mental health. Refresher's Flu... It's a thing! 5 unusual nights out in Manchester 5 top secret study spots Can't doze off? Before you apply, check your social media... Exploring Outside of Manchester: Blackpool Struggling with Social Anxiety?
- FREE doughnuts and pamper packs at Birley Adulting: the untold truth Hacks that could save you some serious cash No surprises this Valentine's! Top Tips: Cleaning